[lug] NT workstation vs Samba

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Thu Jan 20 11:38:51 MST 2000

Mathias:
Let's start from the beginning:
Is your Linux system part of a WindowsNT domain?
If so did you create an account for your Linux system in that NT domain?
What version of Samba and Linux are you running?

Here is an example smb.conf file created with SWAT that works.  It shares a
printer, a public file system (permissions allow everyone to read/write to
everyone's files) and a file system with user typical permissions.

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 10.1.1.142 (10.1.1.142)
# Date: 1999/12/27 09:15:53

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = AEC
        netbios name = AES3
        server string = aes3
        interfaces = 10.1.1.51/255.255.255.0
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        map to guest = Bad Password
        password server = aes1
        smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        local master = No