[lug] Clueless Newbie says hello and where do I find a FAQ?

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Mon Jan 24 10:28:41 MST 2000

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Chris Wade wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm not a complete newbie, but I am new to Linux.  I've got my system
> running and I'm trying to Apache, PHP, MySQL, and expat.
>
> I looked through a few weeks' worth of postings for this list and didn't
> find a FAQ.  So Before I start asking stupid questions here, can someone
> direct me to a FAQ for this group?  Specifically I need help getting
> Apache to compile.  I'm using the instructions in David Medinets' book
> on PHP, and everything works fine up to the make command for Apache.
> Then I get errors...

We don't have an official FAQ.  What we do have is a searchable list
archive and the list itself.  You can get to this from the main BLUG web
page at http://lug.boulder.co.us/ and then click on the Mailing List
Archives link.  You can get there directly at the URL
http://archive.lug.boulder.co.us/.  Then you should be able to search on
Apache for instance.

> And I don't even know how to supply the information that someone would
> need to tell me how to fix it.

Well, you are posting to the list.  A good place to start would be to
supply the group with the error messages.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)