[lug] re: Tossing out ideas

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jan 26 12:39:55 MST 2000

Thus spoke Wayde Allen
> > I'm in SW Denver. I see a lot

See below.

> > How many newbies??
>
> This is actually an unmeasurable quantity since there is no consistent
> definition of "newbie".  I've met people who call themselves newbies that
> could easily give the group high level presentations.  I think that people
> need to remember that Linux is such a broad topic that probably no one
> person knows everything there is to know about it.

Since I attend both the BLUG and CLUE meetings, I can say that BLUG tends
to be a little more technical than CLUE.  People at BLUG seemed to be
interested in systems administration and device drivers and installing
Zope.  CLUE seems to have more business oriented people, interested in how
they might make use of Linux in their business (or make a business out of
Linux).

Since you're just about as far away from either meeting, you have your
choice.  BLUG meets up in Boulder at NIST, CLUE meets in the Tech Center.
Lynn Danielson runs that group (and may be on this list).

--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |    Do not fear death so much, but rather the