[lug] re: Tossing out ideas

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jan 26 12:06:11 MST 2000

Thus spoke Michael Deck
> I would vote for X. Perhaps taking some of the big items first like what's
> a client vs. a server, what's a window manager, is a 'desktop environment'
> the same thing, what is all that stuff in XConfig, that kind of stuff. That
> short description could then point to the relevant HOWTO and man pages
> which could then be newbie-ized as subtasks.

For what it's worth, I covered some of this in this months Linux Journal.
"The Artists' Guide to the Linux Desktop", part I.  I don't think I covered
XConfig though.  I can't remember (I wrote that 3 months ago).
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com