[lug] scsi termination...

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue Feb 1 11:05:21 MST 2000

HI,
Thanks for your info about Sun systems in the past.  The <Stop> <A> key
combination helped me get started again.

But this Sparc classic still doesn't perform.  During the RedHat
install, once I get to the point of copying files, seems to stall.
Estimated time for 120 MB was 780 hours.  So I am thinking there may be
SCSI termination problems.  I looked up the HDD info on the web and
found that the disk wasn't terminated internally.  So I terminated it -
still with no better success.

Are there any other switches or commands to terminate the external
connector?  Usually on older systems you had to choose if you wanted to
use external devices or not and then terminate appropriately.  But I
can't find any jumpers... to do so.

Any hints or is there anyone on this list with a Sparc lunch box system
who could help me get this figured out?

Thanks,
Ferdinand

--