[lug] [EXPO] avoiding the term "CLIQ" (fwd)

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Tue Feb 1 16:44:29 MST 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:04:53 -0700 (MST)
From: "Michael J. Hammel" <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>
To: BLUG Expo Project <expo at thecliq.org>
Subject: [EXPO] avoiding the term "CLIQ"

The president of the coop consulting firm "CLIQ Consulting Services" sent a
friendly note about the use of the term "CLIQ".  He wasn't pushy or
anything, certainly not threatening or anything (they are Linux users and
fans too) just wanted to talk about it's use so we could avoid confusion.
Apparently someone from the BLUG group sent a message to them thinking it
was us.

For the time being, until I get back from LinuxWorld and can talk them and
work out some arrangements, please refrain from using the term "CLIQ" to
refer to the expo.  You can call it "expo" or spell out "Colorado Linux
Info Quest" for now.  I'll see about maybe using "C.L.I.Q." instead when I
get back.

To anyone reading who is not a board member:  please remember that our
mailing address is "<user>@thecliq.org" or even "<user>@thecliq.com".  Its
important to include the word "the" in there.  :-)

Thanks everyone.

--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |       I refuse to star in your psychodrama.