[lug] US West dial-up access

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Sat Feb 5 15:40:42 MST 2000

Chris M wrote:

> >HI,
> >Is anyone here using US-West as their dial-up ISP?  In my case they are
> >the cheapest ISP available and I would like to use them.  But when I
> >called them they only had a dummy installation CD that only works on
> >Windows clients.  They were unable to offer DNS, access phone number,
> >and mail server info straight.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Ferdinand
>
> And like yo mama always said, you get what you pay for.
>
> Enjoy your first 8 hour outage when it happens. :)

I use my home access for an occasional e-mail check and minimal browsing.
Since I have T-1 access at my office and spend way too much time at my
office anyway I don't really feel like sitting in front to a computer much
at home.  Especially not for browsing the Internet.

Plus - they can't be that bad since many users on this list use them for DSL
access.  Well - if I didn't have a flex modem then my selection of ISPs with
good pricing would be better.

> Chris
> Peak to Peak Internet

Ferdinand Schmid