[lug] Re: Fix/Install Fest.

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com
Mon Feb 14 16:49:26 MST 2000

The problem with this one is that it's in the middle of the day
on a work day.  I'll have to talk to the boss but it's not likely
as I took today off to spend it with the wife.

Thus spake Matt Taggart (taggart at rascal.fc.hp.com):

> "Robert L. Harris" writes...
>
>  >Ok,
>  >  This evening I'm going to go by COMPUSA and see if we can hole up
>  >outside their store  for a few hours the evening of 2/17 since it's a
>  >thursday.  We might not be able to give out media since they sell it,
>  >but we can get some information out, as well as some things RedHat
>  >and LinuxMall.com are sending me. (LinuxMall has a TUX costume we can
>  >borrow.  Any volunteers?)
>  >
>  >  Has anyone secured a location for a Fix/Install Fest for 2/18?
>  >It would be good to "advertise" that at the handout.
>
> I have a better idea...
>
> Microsoft is having a Dog and Pony show,
>
> Microsoft Windows 2000 Launch Event
> Temple Buell Theatre
> 950 13th Street
> Denver , CO
> February 17, 2000 1:00PM - 4:00PM
>
> I propose another CD/Leaflet/toy handout like we did last time. tummy.com
> has graciously donated 100 copies of the latest KRUD. It would be great if
> LinuxMall has stuff for us to hand out but I think we should request only
> current versions of distributions this time. Beggars can't be choosers but
> I think it's in everyone's best interest to put our best foot forward,
> especially since this will probably be the first time many of these people
> have seen Linux.
>
> Here are some of my thoughts,
>
> - meet at 11am outside the Buell
> - pro linux/free software signs/handouts/etc. only, no anti-MS stuff :(
> - we need a general leaflet(nclug has one we can use)
> - I will buy lunch for whoever volunteers to wear the Penguin costume :)
> - Should we call the press this time? I suspect they may be there anyway.
> - It would be nice if we had a few more people this time. Who's interested?
>
> I will be driving down from Ft. Collins if anyone would like to carpool(and
> maybe get some breakfast first).
>
> Once again we waited until the last minute to start organizing :)
>
> --
> Matt Taggart
> matt at taggart.cwx.net

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                |  Low quality in a product happens.
Senior System Engineer          |    That doesn't mean it's right and
  at RnD Consulting.		|      definitely doesn't mean it should
                                \_       be accepted.  Require quality.

http://www.rnd-consulting.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: