[lug] printer not detected

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Wed Feb 16 21:24:55 MST 2000

This is, I'm sure, an easy problem. I just installed KRUD (not an
upgrade) and when I go into printtool it says that /dev/lp0, /dev/lp1,
/dev/lp2 aren't detected when I go into add. Anyone know what this is
off the top of their heads? I did check to make sure the parport module
was loaded and it seems to be. I have never had problems with this with
any other distribution. I have had RedHat 5.2, 6.0, FreeBSD, Win98 and
WinNT on this system and the port has always been detected. I currently
dual-boot this system with Win98 and the printer works fine there. I am
positive this is a configuration issue.

Anyone have an answer before I start diggin?

-kjm