[lug] Re: BLUG presence at the Computer and Technology Showcase

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Sun Feb 20 20:45:19 MST 2000

Wayde Allen wrote:

> I suppose I could give a presentation about the growing use of Linux hear
> at NIST, but am not sure if the business community would find that too
> useful.  I'm thinking something that would show off how Linux could solve
> some problem in the business world would be good.  Perhaps this is too
> restrictive?  I guess the first question would be - if you were/are the
> CIO of a company what is it you would like to know about Linux?  Then
> perhaps we could tailor something from that.
>
> Some possible ideas that I can think of are:

<great ideas deleted>

>    - High Availability Linux

I think I know someone who would speak on this latter topic, if he gets a laptop
from SuSE, and gets his proverbial sh*t together on his home (now work) network
;-)

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr at unix.sh
	   [ High-Availability Linux http://linux-ha.org/ ]
	   Now an employee of SuSE, Inc., soon to have a SuSE email
		address to match...