[lug] Reverse domain registry question

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Tue Feb 22 14:58:06 MST 2000

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Nate Duehr wrote:

> Actually, I could, but here's an interesting thought... anyone ever done
> a quick DNS tutorial for a meeting?
>
> I'd be happy to put something together... I'm not Cricket Liu, but I
> have 180 zones or so that I take care of.

That sounds really good to me!  Right now I need someone to talk at the
April 13th meeting.  How does this sound?  I've included the current
speaker schedule below so you can pick your favorite month.

                          BLUG Speaker Schedule 2000
                          ==========================

   Jan.  13  LaTeX  - Dave Lovering
   Feb.  10  Computer Gaming - Ed Meyer
   Mar.   9  Security and Firewalling - Kevin Fenzi
   Apr.  13
   May   11  Java and Linux - Greg Holling
   Jun.   8
   Jul.  13
   Aug.  10
   Sept. 14
   Oct.  12
   Nov.   9
   Dec.  14

You can contact me off list to work out the details.

I'm also interested in finding someone who could talk about shell
programing.  Something along the lines of why bash instead of csh, tcsh,
or zsh?  I'd particularly like to lay the ground work for a discussion of
the login scripts such as .login, .cshrc, .profile, /etc/rc.d .  I don't
know if this will take one or two presentations.  I suppose that all
depends on the level of detail that people would like to see.  Anyone out
there want to take this on?

Also, does the group want a demo night?  We'll have to work out the
details, but one thought would be to have 10 minute demos of software that
people think is really useful.  The other thought would be to setup
computers where people could look at and play with this software.  I'm
thinking the CLIQ expo will probably provide this oportunity however.
Suggestions?

Anyone that wants to give a presentation can contact me off list.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)