[lug] Linux laptops

PC Drew drewpc at colorado.edu
Tue Feb 22 22:44:05 MST 2000

At my last job, I had an HP Omnibook 4500 (I think it was a 4500),
anyway, I ran linux on it and it was great!  I had a Xircom RealPort
10/100 Ethernet/56K combo card that worked just great.  When I left
that job for my current one, however, I got a Dell laptop.  I've never
really liked Dell laptops (I think they're POS's), and this has only
furthered my hatred of Dell.  What ever you do, _don't_ buy a Dell
laptop, for linux or any other operating system.

Thus endeth the sermon.

--
PC Drew

Thus spake McIllece, Matthew W on Tuesday, February 22, 2000, 9:06:50 PM: