[lug] Linux laptops

Steven stevendeal at mac.com
Wed Feb 23 00:42:52 MST 2000

On 2/22/00 at 9:06 PM, matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com (McIllece, Matthew W) wrote:

> Does anybody sell laptops with Linux preinstalled or at least with hardware
> that's guaranteed to work well with Linux?  Any particular vendors
> recommended?

It is not gonna come pre-installed (not that I've heard of anyway);but redhat
installed like a dream on a (IBM)thinkpad I use at school. I'd suggest going to
redhat's site where you can migrate to their laptop pages. It's a great
resource for whatever distro/hardware you're into, as it lists sites out there
in web land devoted to getting linux up and running on various models. If you
want a challenge I'd recommend getting an iBook or one of those new Pismo from
Apple ;^)

Steven
//* insert witty one-liner here