[lug] BLUG Expo Booths

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Feb 25 11:19:49 MST 2000

Wayde:
I am willing to help staff a booth the day of my presentation at the Denver
Computer Tech Showcase.  As far as demos go I could potentially bring a
server for samba, www, ftp, e-mail, a hub, and a Windows client.  The
machines won't be super fast or fancy and installed specifically for this
purpose.  I could make all of this equipment also available for the CLIQ show
- and potentially help staff the booth for part of the day.

Ferdinand

Wayde Allen wrote:

> OK, the next thing we all need to start thinking about is the BLUG booths
> for both the CLIQ and the Denver Computer Technology Showcase.  We'll
> need:
>
>    - Warm bodies to be at the booths to answer questions
>
>    - A banner for the booth to let people know who we are
>
>    - Flyers or pamphlets to hand out
>
> Optional but more interesting stuff would be some live demos of Linux and
> other miscellaneous hand out material such as distribution CD's.  Anyone
> want to start putting these pieces together?
>
> The expo dates are:
>
>    Colorado Linux Info Quest (CLIQ)    - April 1, 2000
>
>    Denver Computer Technology Showcase - April 26 - 27th, 2000
>
> - Wayde
>   (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)

Ferdinand Schmid
(Staff Engineer)