[lug] The BLUG booth at the CLIQ and DCTS shows

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Wed Mar 8 10:43:19 MST 2000

April 1st is rapidly approaching and we need to start figuring out what we
are going to do for the BLUG booth.  I believe that we can have 4
representatives from the group to man the booth.  We'll need to get the
names of these four people as soon as possible so we can notify Mike
Hammel by March 15th.

We also need to figure out what it is that we want to setup for demos and
get the necessary hardware rounded up.  One demo that the CLIQ has
specifically requested is the possibility of showing off GIS/GRASS.  David
Hastings gave us a talk on this system back in 1997 so if he is still on
the list I'm wondering if he might be willing to set this up?  If not, is
there anyone out there that could put together such a demo?

Finally, I think we need to get some printed material such as a pamphlet
put together to hand out at our booth.  At the least it needs to let
people know about our meetings, mailing list, web page, etc..  I have a
few flyers we've used in the past that would work, but it might be nice to
do something a bit nicer.  I've also been wondering about including a list
of businesses friendly to the LUGs?  Anyone want to work on this?  My hope
is to use this same documentation for the Denver Computer Technology
Showcase (DCTS)  later in the month.

If nothing else, let's get some discussion going about what we want to do
at both the CLIQ and DCTS shows.

"Ferdinand P. Schmid" <fschmid at archenergy.com> has already said:

  I am willing to help staff a booth the day of my presentation at the
  Denver Computer Tech Showcase.  As far as demos go I could potentially
  bring a server for samba, www, ftp, e-mail, a hub, and a Windows client.
  The machines won't be super fast or fancy and installed specifically for
  this purpose.  I could make all of this equipment also available for the
  CLIQ show - and potentially help staff the booth for part of the day.

Anyone else?

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)