[lug] PPP + ipmasq + diald on Debian

dhassler at webdat.com dhassler at webdat.com
Tue Mar 14 12:47:32 MST 2000

Hello all,

I've having some trouble getting my gateway box at home
to work.

I'm using Debian 2.2 frozen, and am trying to use the
ipmasq package with diald and ppp.  I've got a static
IP with my ISDN, and can manually start a PPP connection
with no problem ("pon; ipmasq"), and it masquerades fine.

However, when I try to add diald into the equation, things
start to fall apart.  If diald does start a connection, ipmasq
denies packets from going out, even if I run ipmasq by hand.

Does anyone have any tips on configuring these packages
to make them all work happily together?  In what order do you
start these services?

Thanks,
Dave

David Hassler - dhassler at webdat.com