[lug] clock not setting

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Thu Apr 6 10:47:17 MDT 2000

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Carl Wagner wrote:

> do you guys have a public NTP server at NIST?  If so what is the IP/hostname?

Yes, I believe there are several.  You should be able to set your system
clock against the atomic clock here by issuing the command:

   /usr/sbin/netdate udp time.nist.gov

There are likely some other time servers and options available.  I usually
have coffee with the guy in charge of WWV at 9:45.  I'll try to remember
to ask him.  We could also ask Dr. Judah Levine.  I think he spearheaded
NISTs network time service development and is more than likely our best
source of info.  He is the guy who gave the presentation about network
time services at the BLUG meeting a while back.  However, the simplest
approach, now that I've typed all of the above, would be to check the NIST
web pages.  Let's see, try
http://www.bldrdoc.gov/timefreq/service/nts.htm.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)