[lug] xvidtune

RADKE JOSHUA PAUL radke at ucsu.Colorado.EDU
Mon Apr 10 11:15:30 MDT 2000

For some excellent information on playing with video timings, check out
the following link:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO.html

> Ok, don't quote me, and you are doing this at your own risk, but my
> understanding is that modern monitors don't have problems if you over
> clock them.  They just don't work and when you stop over driving them,
> they come out fine.

This has also been my experience, but it _is_ possible to make some pretty
outrageous timings that mess up color and other things --- I always just
quickly switched out of those 'scary looking' modes.