[lug] Cron

winrip winrip at speakeasy.org
Thu Apr 20 23:26:45 MDT 2000

I'm wondering what is the correct pattern to use for cron.

from my understanding it should be;
minutes hours days months weekday    program

So that being said I added a script to run using crontab -e, and added;
* 23 * * * /usr/local/blah blah blah

For some reason the script has been running every 45 seconds as near as I can
tell. It's really a bad thing but I have two machines emailing me every 45
seconds, so I'm just wondering if I have set this up correctly. Now there isn't
anything in the sript that has anything to do with time frames at all so I know
it's not in the script.

If anyone has any advice..........

Thanks
Bill