[lug] DSL question

Chip Atkinson chip at pupman.com
Sun Apr 23 09:38:44 MDT 2000

On the 675, you can do NAT on a whole address range. You don't have to
have one machine be a gateway, the 675 will do fine.  I have two boxes
connected to a hub that is also connected to the 675.  The 675 is 10.0.0.1
and the other machines are 10.0.0.5 and 10.0.0.2.  I have the dhcp server
turned off on the 675 and statically assigned the addresses to this
address range.  NAT is working just fine in this setup.  The 675 has DHCP
client turned on so that it gets the dynamic IP from my ISP on the WAN
end.  I never really had to screw with DHCP on the home (linux) end at
all.

Chip

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, PC Drew wrote:

> Thus spake Justin on Saturday, April 22, 2000, 7:42:28 PM:
>
> J> Hi, I finally got DSL available in my area and have it setup to start on the
> J> 2nd of the month. I have service with Uswest and I am using a Cisco 675
> J> external modem. My isp uses the PPP mode with DSL, how does that work exactly?
<SNIP>