[lug] Report on the Denver Computer Technology Showcase

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Fri Apr 28 14:53:11 MDT 2000

We did it!

Actually, this turned out to be a lot of fun, and we had a fairly steady
stream of people hanging out out our booth each day.  I think we gave away
somewhere around 200 brochures about the LUG's, well over 50 or so BLUG
business cards, around 100 KRUD CD's provided by Tummy.com, lots of
miscellaneous other literature, and answered many many questions.

The booth itself was a demo of a corporate networking solution with the
computer equipment provided courtesy of SGI, VA Linux, and Compaq.  Philip
Cartier (PC) setup the systems so that we had a database server running
MySQL, a web server using Apache and PHP, a Samba server, a standard Linux
workstation, and a Windows NT system (just in case someone in our virtual
corporation couldn't be convinced otherwise).  The electricity to run all
of this was paid for by Tummy.com.

In addition to the booth, we gave two Linux presentations at the event:

  Robert Harris - Linux Fulfills Low Cost "Server Quality" Needs

  Ferdinand Schmid - Linux Servers in Small to Mid Size Corporations

Special thanks goes to the volunteers who made this all happen:

   Philip Cartier (PC Drew)
   Robert Harris
   Dave Lamy
   Kyle Moore