[lug] backspace key not working in vi

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed May 31 08:48:25 MDT 2000

Originally it was xterm but I have since switched it to vt100.  I have
my .tcshrc doing an stty erase ^H, I will try it from the command line
but I am dubious.  For some reason, in vi the backspace is showing up
as ^?.  I think it has to do with all of the cutesy color term garbage
that has been put in (nothing like a good bias).  I have been able
to eradicate most of it but I think they set something somewhere else,
I just can't figure out where.

Hugh