[lug] Getting lost trying to configure server for virtual domains..

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Thu Jun 8 00:54:13 MDT 2000

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 06:30:54PM -0700, Hector M Banda wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I already made the changes to apache and move the main webpage and some other
> html files to the new directory for the main domain in my server and it's
> working.
>
> I also created another sub-directory for one of the other domains that I want
> to host on my server.
>
> I already modify the DNS's ( at DOTSTER.COM) to use the same dns that I 'm
> using for the main server
>
> Now, my problem is that if I try to access the new domain that I'm trying to
> add to my server from the WEB, I cannot find it and I do not know what to do
> from here.

Since these servers seem to be accessible from the outside,
woud you mind giving us an address/URL to test? In general,
have a look at your server logs (both DNS and webserver).
What's the browsers error message when you try to access
the new webserver? Does it find the server but the server
doesn't reply? What happens if you do:

 'telnet my.domain.com 80'

Do you get a connection?

 Ralf