[lug] how times change

llornkcor llornkcor at llornkcor.com
Tue Jun 13 18:44:33 MDT 2000

I was reminded about how far linux has come, even in a few years.
I received a 'junk mail' computer catalog, from elinux.com.
Featuring computers that were 'linux compatible" and
"linux pre-installed" computers, linux software, and hardware
of all kinds, that is linux compatible. I found it interesting they
had such things as PKZip for $89. heh, I dunno, I would be hard
pressed to dish out $89 for similiar software that can be had
for less than the price of the electricity it takes to
download and compile.
But the hardware was interesting.

Any thoughts?

LP