[lug] xntp

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Thu Jun 15 22:16:55 MDT 2000

I think this might work. I don't use the multicastclient and I can't say
I have seen the broadcast delay option. Also, I don't think it is
necessary to specify no authentication if you aren't authenticating. The
web page below is a great source of info that you might want to look at.

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/html/index.htm

Hugh Brown wrote:

> I am trying to set up some time syncing on a local network.  I have one
> machine that I would like to have it get its time from a stratum 2, and all
> of the rest of the machines on my network get it from my stratum 3.  I am
> trying to use xntpd, but I can't make much sense out of the documentation.
>
> My ntp.conf on stratum3.mydomain.com looks like
>
> server  ntp-1.vt.edu  #ntp server at Virginia Tech
> server  ntp-2.vt.edu  #ntp server at Virginia Tech
> server  ntp1.cs.wisc.edu #ntp server in Wisconsin
> server  ntp2.cs.wisc.edu #ntp server in Wisconsin
> driftfile /etc/ntp/drift
> multicastclient
> broadcastdelay  0.008
> authenticate no