[lug] Apache vhost and DNS

Justin glowecon at netscape.net
Mon Jun 19 17:00:39 MDT 2000

I am trying to host a couple domains on my single ip address. I think I have
the apache config stuff correct but I was wondering about dns. I already have
one domain being hosted on my nameserver and I need to add the other. Do I
just need to add the zone file for the new domain and have the www host point
the ip I am sharing between the domains? Do I need to make any changes in my
existing zone file? I'm going to paste my apache vhost configuration too below
just for clarification...thanks for any help.

NameVirtualHost my.shared.ip

<VirtualHost my.shared.ip>
    ServerAdmin root at mydomain.com
    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/mydomain
    ServerName www.mydomain.com
    ErrorLog logs/mydomain.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/mydomain.com-access_log common
    ServerAlias mydomain.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost my.shared.ip>
    ServerAdmin root at mydomain.com
    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/myotherdomain
    ServerName www.myotherdomain.com
    ErrorLog logs/myotherdomain.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/myotherdomain.com-access_log common
    ServerAlias myotherdomain.com *.myotherdomain.com
</VirtualHost>