[lug] Newbie dual boot question

LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Thu Jun 22 09:02:48 MDT 2000

You need to have:

1)  A floppy boot disk.  The first disk in the install may work for this
(it does for the Slackware disto).
2)  Loadlin!  Loadlin is a "boot program" that runs in DOS, and will
automagically "re-boot" your system into Linux (provided to pass it
the correct partiton).
3)  LILO!  LILO is a "boot loader" program similar to the windows
NT boot loader.  In a nutshell, it is a small program that resides on
the primary drive's boot sector.  When you turn your machine on, it
presents you with a menu, allowing you to boot into Linux or
Windows.

Viggy