[lug] StarOffice

llornkcor llornkcor at llornkcor.com
Sat Jun 24 20:45:20 MDT 2000

>Sun has just issued an end-of-life announcement for StarOffice
>5.1 coupled  with a free download for 5.2.
>See www2.sun.com:80/products/staroffice/5.2/eol.html
>for details and downloads.

wow, I haven't checked it out for awhile... a long while. 105 MB
download? heh that's take me about a few days...
No wonder I haven't checked it out. Wasn't it about 8-9 MB when it
first came out? Or am I thinking about WordPerfect? I believe I
tried the very first  version of SO, and could never get it
installed.  ./configure;make;make install didn't seem to help
much either.  :o)
Found out it was something about not having enough room in /tmp or
something, so I just blew it off. I don't really use office type
software, so it wasn't that important to me. I suppose this could
be good news for Corel?

Good god, I can't imagine how many lines of code are in that.

LP