[lug] Need help with PHP+MYSQL+APACHE

Anders Knudsen aknudsen.96 at alum.mines.edu
Wed Jul 5 22:27:16 MDT 2000

At 03:30 PM 7/4/00 -0700, Hector scribled:

>Hi all,
>
>I need to setup another server running in LINUX having mysql+php+apache
>so I can query the database via PHP. I'd like to know if somebody has
>any steps in how this should be done. I'm looking for a guide or web
>page to accomplish this. I know there are some steps to followed as far
>as getting the tarballs for apache, php, mysql to get them compiled.

Oooh. I am doing this myself right now!

>I already try the PHP/MYSQL tutorial from hotwired.lycos.com (
>webmonkey) and no luck.
>
>My current platform is LINUX-REDHAT 6.0 or 6.2 running on a 450 mhz with

I found a kick a article at
http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/SoothinglySeamless/
Basically, if your running a RedHat system, then you want to remove apache.
(ie, don't install from rpms, use the source!) (rpm -e apache)
The article takes you through installing MySQL, then PHP, and then Apache
with the SSL mods, etc. Very very nicely written.

-anders.