[lug] more library difficulties

Andrew Diederich andrew at NETdelivery.com
Tue Jul 11 09:59:25 MDT 2000

I'm really beginning to hate libraries.  So, someone pointed me to an rpm on
rpmfind that had the libgd.so.1 file in it, and that worked just fine.  Now
the only so file that this dang execuatable can't find is libgdbm.so.2.  The
weird thing is I have it on my computer, it's in /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib,
that dir is specified in /etc/ld.so.conf (with=libc5), when I do a ldconfig
-v the library shows up, but when I do an ldd [filename] I still get an
"libgdbm.so.2 => not found".

The only thing I can think of is that the library I have is a libc5 version,
and maybe the executable needs a libc6/ glibc version, but I can't figure
out what to use to discover that.  This is getting pretty crazy.  Any ideas?

--
    Andrew Diederich