[lug] Compilation Problem

Kevin King kevin at precisonline.com
Thu Jul 13 15:40:45 MDT 2000

Thanks for the directions.  As to my "situation", yes, there are
library dependencies.  Drawn out, it might look like this:

         main
       /          \
  tcp         lock
                    \
                   tcp

(parts of the tcp library are used in the main routine,  and parts of
the library are needed for the lock code.)

So here's my thinking: if I list the tcp library before the lock
library, the tcp lib is already loaded and the lock library can just
use what was already loaded for linking into main.  However, it would
appear to be exactly backwards from that.  When multiple libraries
are referenced, are they loaded and unloaded in turn?  I guess I know
the answer, but it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

--Kevin
kevin at precisonline.com
http://www.precisonline.com
http://www.precisonline.com/gold.htm