[lug] Compilation Problem

Chan Kar Heng khchan at cyberdude.com
Fri Jul 14 00:01:33 MDT 2000

<disclaimer>
don't take my word for it, i only vaguely recall this in memory
</disclaimer>

but i gather one should think of it like this:

- linking current file
  - link current file
  - whatever reference not found, look for it in the next file to link
  - link with next file, pay attention to symbols i want

thus in this:
g++ -o result -L ../../lib -llock -ltcp

references not in result.o/result.c will be
 sought for in liblock.so
referenecs not in result.o/result.c and liblock.so
 will be sought for in libtcp.so

you will get problems if you do this too:
g++ -L ../../lib -llock -ltcp -c result.o -o result