[lug] Call for Participants: Database talk for August meeting

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jul 26 17:18:33 MDT 2000

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 04:53:57PM -0600, George Sexton wrote:
>The format looks good. It might be nice to have at the conclusion a slide
>that shows the various features in tabular format. It would probably save us
>a lot of time going over it during the presentations and the conclusion.

Actually, I think a nice table printed out so that folks can refer to it
while the show is going on would be nice.  If everyone can get that
information to me by the day before the show, I'll get it printed up and
handed out.  I'd also like to include a web site or two where we
could get more information on each database.

>I think any kind of demonstration would take too long. I can walk through

Therein lies the problem.  If we only have three databases we can make them
longer, but I'm hoping we'll have at least a few represented.  Your
discussion of some of the replication specifics would be appreciated by
me at least though.

>It seems to me each person will want to have their own box. I can bring a 4
>port KVM switch with me to the meeting along with cabling sets if that would

That'd be great.  I'll have my stuff on my laptop.

Sean
--
 "You took quite a chance..."  "You take a chance getting up in the morning,
 crossing the street, or sticking your face in a fan."  -- Police Squad