[lug] Call for Participants: Database talk for August meeting

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Wed Jul 26 16:53:57 MDT 2000

Sean,

The format looks good. It might be nice to have at the conclusion a slide
that shows the various features in tabular format. It would probably save us
a lot of time going over it during the presentations and the conclusion.

>       For example, a quick demonstration of SQLAnywhere's
> replication would be
>             nice)

I think any kind of demonstration would take too long. I can walk through
the steps with the replication wizard and talk about the supported methods
of replication (file, email, ftp, network). I can also work up some examples
of what replication can be used for.

I can bring a machine with SQL Anywhere on it. I would also like to take a
quick look at Interbase since it was recently released under a community
source license.

It seems to me each person will want to have their own box. I can bring a 4
port KVM switch with me to the meeting along with cabling sets if that would
help out. We could get each box up and running and then just flip through
them when each presenter comes up. That might save some time. If this sounds
useful, let me know.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585