[lug] Apache + SSL

Justin glowecon at netscape.net
Thu Aug 17 10:52:45 MDT 2000

I have gotten my apache 1.3.12 server running with mod_ssl just fine (using
OpenSSL). What I'm having a problem with is that I can't start it from the
init script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd. It wants to start with the -DSSL option
but whenever I start the script it hangs up. If I start apache manually with
apachectl (apachectl startssl) it asks for my server passphrase (that I used
to create my server.key) and it works just fine. If my server was to go down
for some reason I have nothing to restart the apache daemon, this is the
dilemma. Any ideas?

Justin

Machine is a Redhat 6.0, kernel 2.2.15