[lug] DNS and a thanks for the DSL info.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Aug 28 11:55:32 MDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 01:50:07PM -0400, John Starkey wrote:
>Anyone know of a DNS server next in line from InterNIC, that I can query
>to make sure my records are going thru ok?? It's been only 24 hours but
>I'd be curious to see the movement in progress. And to find out if it's
>working.

Well, you should be able to query any DNS server (say, the ones at
your ISP -- use whois on their domain to find their names) to see if
they're picking up the addresses correctly.  I note that now your
domain shows only "ns.hughes.net" -- yesterday I believe it showed
several hughes.net DNS servers.

You may want to check the management interface to make sure that it's
listing the DNS servers you expect.

Sean
--
 There are things that are so serious that you can only joke about them.
                 -- Heisenberg