[lug] Caldera Install.

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Aug 29 13:39:28 MDT 2000

I've been playing with Kickstart and there doesn't appear to be any way
to keep stupid RedHat from loading Linuxconf, which is a digusting app.

I wrote a script to take a machine that had been loaded via KickStart
and REMOVE all the cruft that also got loaded.

Have you noticed this also?

I didn't keep my notes in the text file, but if you define the EXACT
packages you want with a KickStart installation, you always end up with
more packages than you asked for, and there appears to be a few (like
Linuxconf) that are not required by any other packages... RedHat appears
to just think you need it.

Apt-get doesn't do this in Debian, thank god.  No corporate entity
pushing their view of what I should and shouldn't load on the box!  :)

Nate