[lug] SCIOCTL: network not available

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Wed Aug 30 22:17:46 MDT 2000

Todd> I'm stretching my memory significantly, but is this an ISA card?
Todd> If this is the card I'm remembering, it was pseudo plug and
Todd> play.  I had to run the setup utility from the dos side, and
Todd> then give lilo the eth0=***** as an append command, where the
Todd> ***** was irq, io, etc, as established by the dos setup
Todd> software.

my 509B was certainly plug-and-play.  your point about needed the
setup stuff is apropos; here's my old setup code for mine (although
the isapnp versions have probably changed a bit, but this might still
work, depending on what else is in the box):

# Card 2: (serial identifier 6f 97 6d e2 78 98 50 6d 50)
# TCM5098 Serial No -1754406280 [checksum 6f]
# Version 1.0, Vendor version 1.0
# ANSI string -->3Com 3C509B EtherLink III<--
#
# Logical device id TCM5098
#     Device support I/O range check register

(CONFIGURE TCM5098/-1754406280 (LD 0
  (INT 0 (IRQ 3 (MODE +E)))
  (IO 0 (BASE 0x0210))
  (ACT Y)