[lug] SCIOCTL: network not available

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Sat Sep 9 13:47:47 MDT 2000

I've been using the 3c509 ISA card on one or two machines also with good
results.  One caveat though, is that I think it's a good idea to specify
the mem I/O and IRQ for the card in the lilo.conf.  Until I did this, I
experienced intermittent problems where the driver would hang the machine
during boot-up.  This happened something like every one out of 4 times,
probably due to a problem while probing.  Adding the parms to lilo fixed
it.