[lug] PHP and Emacs book recommendations?

Warren Sanders sanders at b-squared.net
Tue Sep 12 09:32:48 MDT 2000

I have been learning PHP as well starting from this easy to read, full of screen shots "PHP fast&easy web development" by Julie C.
Meloni.  Got on Amazon for $25.

I will be doing a review on this when I'm finished, for those looking for names on reviews.

> I have to learn PHP.  Rasmus' book isn't due out till December, apparently.
> Anyone have any recommendations for which PHP book to get?  Doesn't
> O'Reilly already have a PHP book?
>
> Similarly, any suggestions on a decent Emacs text?  O'Reilly has one, but
> it looks fairly in depth.  I don't really want to learn it completely.  I
> just have to use it for one particular thing (and will probably run it in
> vi mode).
> --
> Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
> mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com

Warren Sanders (I'm my kid's Dad)
Adea's photo album: http://adea.b-squared.net