[lug] Debian 2.2 install question

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Wed Sep 13 11:21:18 MDT 2000

Hello again,

I have the opportunity to switch my boss's server to Debian
from Win2K and I am trying to install Debian 2.2 on it.
I have three (!) disks newly arrived from CheapBytes.

In the network kernel modules part of the install I am unable
to find the network card 'Intel PRO/100B PCI'.  An internet
search finds a driver for this card by Donald Becker.

I'm going to have to compile and load this module, right?

My further question is, since this is a dual-processor
266 Pentium from Dell (SCSI), I'm thinking I'll have to
recompile the kernel, anyway, to use the dual processors,
so can this be done all at once?

Thanks,
Glenn