[lug] IP reverse and how it get's here.

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Sat Sep 16 15:00:30 MDT 2000

This, I think, is a dumb question based on what little I know. But I don't
know the direct answer.

I bought/leased a block of 8 IP at s from USWest, the day they config'd me
for the service. Four days before they tell me I'm too far out.

I registered (or whatever you call it) the IP at s with ARIN. So I know I'm
gonna have to keep them. Anyone know of a way I can put them to use with
my @home connection?? I'm not sure how an ISP actually equates the IP@ to
the actual machine. If I set up eth0 as xx.xx.xx.xx does the router or
switch or whatever record my MAC address and forward the packets to that??
I suspect that this is what switches do (send it down the correct wire).
But well....

Thanks,

John