[lug] default ttl

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Thu Sep 21 12:46:51 MDT 2000

I've been getting a "no default ttl" error from named for a while now.
I've been ignoring it since it uses the SOA minimum instead.

Anyone know where I go to set this? I first thought it was in the zone
files but I've checked everywhere and every zone file I've seen has only
five lines refresh, serial, retry, expire, and ttl. Is the ttl here what
it's referring to?? If so why won't it use it in any of my files. Default
to me seems it's looking for it in a common file. Like named.conf.

TIA,

John