samba [was]Re: [lug] rotating logs

llornkcor llornkcor at llornkcor.com
Sun Sep 24 14:17:22 MDT 2000

> >From the logrotate man page:
>
>    Normally, logrotate is run as a daily cron job.   It  will
>    not modify a log multiple times in one day unless the cri­
>    terium for that log is based on the log's size and  logro­
>    tate  is  being run multiple times each day, or unless the
>    -f or -force option is used.

And all this time I thought logrotate was sticking the firepick
into the fire, and rotating the log 180 degrees, to burn the other
side. brrrrrr.......
")

the power was out for a good few hours here, a few times. damn
poor UPS, couldn't even get enough juice to turn on this huge, old
monitor. Guess I shoulda just started the kindly vulcan death grip.
ahh well, only a few fsck's away....

Last night, I was setting up samba, and discovered a way to browse
the windows files, and not show up in the W95 network 'hood. This
is my first time with samba... is this supposed to happen?

LP