samba [was]Re: [lug] rotating logs

llornkcor llornkcor at llornkcor.com
Sun Sep 24 15:30:19 MDT 2000

> The power here in south Fort Collins went out at 4am this
> morning. We have one of those lights that turns on when the
> power goes out, which woke Evelyn up, who in turn woke me up to

hmm, that's funny, I woke up because the lights went _out_. took
me a few too many winks to realize what the heck the beeping sound
really was, I kept thinking 'it'll come back on..... soon...I
hope..' And right when I turned the monitor on... *poooff* , just
like MIR.
I need to study harder for that brainbench test, I guess... :)

> ask if we should turn the computers off.  I shut them down from
> my laptop (the monitor had no power and was only connected to
> one machine anyway). The power finally came back on at around
> 8am.  Glad I powered them off instead of hoping the power came
> back on soon.  ;-)

I noticed the BLUG web site was out for a bit, and I think, the
DNS I use. Power was out here from 3-4a, and then again, from
7-9:30ish. Seemed to me to be a little too timed. Is this what the
future has in store? Rolling blackouts? sure coulda used Tesla's
wireless power transmission....
:)

LP