[lug] Data integrity problems on new machine

Gary Hodges gary.hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 28 12:22:33 MDT 2000

My very limited experience tells me IBM drives are much quiter too.  I have two 18
GB drives in my PC.  One is a Seagate and the other is IBM.  I had to put the OS
on the IBM drive to keep my sanity.  That Seagate Barracuda is really loud.  Do
HD's have to make any sound when they are reading data, or do the companies build
that sound into the drives?

Gary