[lug] A bit confused

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Oct 2 21:13:31 MDT 2000

Rob Riggs wrote:

> Also, contrary to what others have suggested, I don't
> think you will find any sbpcd card built that use PNP.
> Everyone I have seen used jumpers. (Think *really* cheap.)

PCI is of course all PNP. I have one I can bring to the meeting, at
least the box with specs. It is listed as SB-2770, soundblast 16 by
creative labs. They were sold by Electronics Boutique. On the creative
labs web site it is listed as sound blaster 16 pci (the PCI and software
configured soundblaster):
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/sb16pci/

In terms of irq, this is about the kernel config if it isn't a module,
not the other line that was mentioned. I've always preferred the
non-module for sb. In the case of module support, I would assume one
must still specify irq?