[lug] Debian Stuff & Linux on iMac / Wireless Networking

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Oct 7 23:54:58 MDT 2000

Here's what I have on one of my machines.  It doesn't have the
"proposed-updates" stuff, but it does have the security stuff.

I had to go grab an SSH client for the Mac to get it in this e-mall!  :)

I haven't put a proper mirror site in this particular machine yet either.
'netselect' is nice for finding a good mirror site to use.

The other machine is off (my desktop machine in the other room), if you need
the other stuff, I can send that later...

# /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/ potato/non-US main contrib non-free

The order does matter in case someone forgets to roll the version number of
a package properly when one gets updated (rare, but it happens in the
"unstable" branch sometimes...)

Nate