[lug] backup error

Carl.Wagner at Level3.com Carl.Wagner at Level3.com
Tue Oct 10 11:33:10 MDT 2000

File handles for every process (unless you change them and that is not a
normal user thing so you most likely haven't)
  0 = STDIN  (standard input)  where input comes from (normally the keyboard)
  1 = STDOUT (standard output) where output goes (normally the screen)
  2 = STDERR (standard error)  where error messages go (normally the screen)

so "1> [filename]" redirects stdout to the file.
and "2> [errorfile]" redirects stderr to the errorfile.

Carl.