[lug] Rodent trivia

Hugh Brown hugh at byu.edu
Fri Oct 13 18:40:05 MDT 2000

I may have spoken too soon.  There is something called the Sample Rate
and the Resolution which can be set for the Pointer.  So your Pointer
section might look like this

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "PS/2"
   Device          "/dev/mouse"
   SampleRate      101
   Resolution      100
   Buttons         3
EndSection

I just looked at the man page and found this for these attributes.  You
may be better suited looking at xset as was noted earlier.

 SampleRate rate
               sets  the number of motion/button-events the mouse
               sends per second.  This  is  currently  only  sup­
               ported for some Logitech mice.

       Resolution count
               sets  the  resolution  of the device in counts per
               inch.  This is not always  supported  by  all  the
               mice.